A-Florence K; B-Gloria
|OFFICIAL NUMBER: 121281 BUILT: 1903, A-Florence K; B-Gloria LENGTH: 97' BEAM: 26' DEPTH 7.5 PASSENGER CAPACITY: 174 AUTO CAPACITY: 18
HISTORY: Operated by Tacoma Ferry Company and Crosby Direct Line Ferries and renamed Beeline after the steamer was converted to a ferry in 1926. She became part of the Black Ball
fleet in 1926 and worked a number of routes, including Mukilteo-Clinton and Port Townsend-Keystone. The Beeline was taken out of service in 1939 and was still listed as an asset of Black
Ball as late as 1941. After 1942, the ferry disappears from the U.S. Merchant ship list.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Unknown, likely scrapped in 1942.
|OFFICIAL NUMBER: ? BUILT: 1890 LENGTH: 194' BEAM: 33' DEPTH ?` PASSENGER CAPACITY: ? AUTO CAPACITY: ?
HISTORY: Stern-wheeler built for use on the Columbia, later ran between Olympia and Seattle on Puget Sound. Sponsoned out to carry autos about 1918 and assigned to the "Navy Yard
Route" from Seattle to Bremerton, she became the first car ferry on the route.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Dismantled in 1926.
Photo of the H.B. Kennedy at left and the Bailey Gatzert at right courtesy of MOHAI.