OFFICIAL NUMBER: 238311 BUILT: 1939 LENGTH: 60.3 BEAM: 26.9 DEPTH 80 GROSS/NET TONNAGE: 71/58 PASSENGER CAPACITY: 60 AUTOS: 9
HISTORY: Built in 1939 for Olson Ferries, the 9-knot ferry was driven by an Atlas diesel and operated between Steilacoom and McNeil and Anderson Island. The ferry stayed on the run its
entire career, eventually becoming the backup ferry to the Islander, ex-Tourist #2. The Tahoma was retired in 1977.
FINAL DISPOSITION: Dismantled in 1978. Pilot house is on display at the Johnson Farm on Anderson Island.
Photo courtesy the Captain Raymond W. Hughes Collection.