The Retired Vessels
Page 2

Queen of Sidney
1960
Official Number: 312273 Built as the Sidney, Victoria Machinery Depot, Victoria 1960 Gross tons: 3127  Net Tons: 1852 Length: 335  Beam 76 Draft: 16.2
Propusion: Mirrlees Twin,  6000  BHP  Speed 18 knots Passengers: 1000 Cars: 138
Final disposition: engine parts and other equipment removed, decaying on the banks of the Fraser River next to the hulk of the San Mateo near
Silverdale.
Queen of Prince Rupert
1966
Official Number 0323870 Year Built 1966  Ship Name QUEEN OF PRINCE RUPERT   Former Name VICTORIA PRINCESS
Gross Tonnage 5,864.07 t Net Tonnage 4,282.48 t  Ship Length 93.51 m Construction Material STEEL  Ship Breadth 17.71 m Ship Depth 4.72 m
Engine Description DIESEL  Number of Engines 2  Propulsion Type SELF-PROPELLED  Speed (knots) 18.0 Propulsion Method TWIN SCREW  Propulsion Power 7680
Builder Name VICTORIA MACHINERY DEPOT CO. LTD.
Final dispositon: Sold to  Goundar Shipping Company of Fiji and renamed the M.V. Lomaiviti Princess for use at Fiji.

Saltspring Queen
1949Official Number: 192296 Built as the Lloyd Jones 1951, VMD, Victoria, B.C.   Gross tons: 2767 Net Tons: 179 Length: 136.7  Beam 36.0 Draft: 8.0 Propusion:
Vivian Twin Diesel ,  480 BHP  Speed 10 knots Passengers: 184 Cars: 35
Final disposition: Sold in 1998 to the Dominican Republic, renamed Elupina Uno.  As of 2007, not in service due to lack of a ramp.
Queen of Tsawwassen
1960
Ship
Official Number 0312277  Year Built 1960  Ship Name QUEEN OF TSAWWASSEN Former Name TSAWWASSEN Port of Registry VICTORIA
General Statistics
Vessel Type FERRY - PASSENGER/VEHICLE  Gross Tonnage 3,127.40 t Net Tonnage 1,953.91 t Construction Type CARVEL/FLUSH
Ship Length 94.55 m Construction Material STEEL  Ship Breadth 22.62 m Ship Depth 5.12 m
Engine
Engine Description DIESEL  Number of Engines 2  Propulsion Type SELF-PROPELLED  Speed (knots) 18.0 Propulsion Method TWIN SCREW  Propulsion Power 6000
Unit of Power BRAKE HORSEPOWER      
Builder
Builder Name BURRARD DRY DOCK CO. LTD.
Final Disposition: Sold to Helifor and renamed Inlet Explorer for use as a logging camp.  Moored off West Redonda Island. Currenty for sale.
Queen of Saanich
1963
Official Number 0318669 Year Built 1963  Ship Name QUEEN OF SAANICH Port of Registry VICTORIA  Gross Tonnage 9,301.65 t Net Tonnage 7,780.81 t
Ship Length 122.22 m Construction Material STEEL  Ship Breadth 23.20 m Ship Depth 5.12 m Engine Description DIESEL  Number of Engines 2
Propulsion Type SELF-PROPELLED  Speed (knots) 19.0 Propulsion Method TWIN SCREW  Propulsion Power 10880
Builder Name VICTORIA MACHINERY DEPOT.
Final dispositon:Scrapped in Mexico, 2012.
Salt Spring Queen
1949
            Official Number: 190667 Built as the Delta Princess 1949, Yarrows, Esquimalt, B.C.   Gross tons: 276 Net Tons: 179 Length: 136.6  Beam 36.0 Draft: 8.0
Propusion: Vivian Twin Diesel ,  480 BHP  Speed 10  knots Passengers: 187 Cars: 36
Final dispostion: sold 1996, renamed Golden Queen used as floating camp.

Sunshine Coast Queen
1951
Official Number: ?
Built as the Vacationland, 1951, Great Lakes Engineering, River Rogue, Michigan.  1959: Jack Dalton.  1961 Pere Nouvel
1967: Sunshine Coast Queen.  Retired 1976, sank under tow 1987. Gross tons: 5010 Net Tons: 2742 Length: 383.5  Beam 76.6 Draft: 17.7 Propusion: Diesel ,  9440 BHP
Speed 15 knots Passengers: 725 Cars: 175
Final disposition: Sank while under tow to be scrapped, 3 December 1987 off the coast of Oregon.
Tenaka
1964

Class and tunclassified  Type: ferry  Tonnage:         651  Displacement: 618 tonnes  Length:  47.09 m (154.5 ft)  Beam: 13.29 m (43.6 ft)
Installed power: 1,642 hp (1,224 kW  Speed: 12 knots (22 km/h Capacity: 150 passengers and crew   30 cars


From Wikipedia:
The MV
Tenaka is a ferry previously owned by BC Ferries. She was built for BC's Ministry of Transportation and Highways in 1964 in Victoria, BC by the Victoria
Machinery Depot. Originally named the Comox Queen, she was renamed
Tenaka in 1977 and became part of BC Ferries' fleet in 1985 when the Ministry of
Transportation's saltwater ferries and routes were transferred to BC Ferries. As of April 2016, the
Tenaka was sold to Lady Rose Marine Services, a tourism
company operating out of Port Alberni, British Columbia.
\The
Tenaka is a single ended ferry that carries 30 cars and 150 passengers. Two Caterpillar engines provide 1700 horsepower and give the Tenaka a speed of 12
knots. There are two passenger deck levels on the ferry. There are two lounges on the lower passenger level that are on each side of the overheight car lane. Another
passenger lounge directly above extends across the width of the ferry. The
Tenaka has a vending machine and washrooms, but no other passenger amenities. It has
two outside decks astern of each passenger cabin.

The
Comox Queen, as she was originally called, was built for the Powell River-Comox route, and it began service there on March 25, 1965. Traffic on that route
soon outgrew the
Comox Queen, and from 1969 to 1976, the Ministry borrowed BC Ferries' Queen of the Islands in the summer for use on the route. In 1976, the
Comox Queen was replaced with the much-larger MV Sechelt Queen. The Comox Queen received new engines and was renamed the Tenaka in 1977. In 1979,
she was assigned to the Port McNeill–Sointula–Alert Bay route, replacing the MV Nimpkish.

In 1985, the Ministry's coastal routes and ferries were transferred to BC Ferries, including the
Tenaka. Over the next few years, she served on a variety of routes for
BC Ferries. In 1994, she started working on the Heriot Bay–Whaletown route between Quadra Island and Cortes Island. She again replaced the Nimpkish that was
formerly working on this route.As of December 2014,
Tenaka sailed its last voyage across the Strait of Georgia.

On April 12, 2016, BC Ferries was planning to auction off 3 of their vessels. The first vessel to be sold was the
Tenaka, whose auction was won by a tourism
company called Lady Rose Marine Services that operates out of Port Alberni.